PLEASE JOIN OUR PETITION FOR THE PART 2 of MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO!
Unfortunately, after watching Episode 20, a lot has deviated from the novel/Chinese version. Some of the unexpected things that happened are:
- Hae Soo gave birth to a daughter (father is Wang So), which Jung raised up as his own.
- Wang So spied on Hae Soo and Jung himself.
- The rescue in the park (Go Ha-jin) was not shown.
- The Hobo became a history lecturer.
- They did not see each other in the present time.
- They spent too much unnecessary time in Goryeo after Hae Soo died ~ this should’ve been used to build up a good ending instead.
- Wook remarries and has 3 children, one of which were named after Woo Hee’s fake name (the one she gave Baek Ah)
- Won was seen crying after reading Chae-ryung’s letter to Hae Soo, and is being urged to drink poison.
- Baek ah became a wandering musician.
- If it was supposed to be a happy ending, Hae Soo and Wang So can be seen in piggyback at the end of the drama (see featured photo on top of this blog post). It ended in a light happy moment but the true “ending” (wherein we get to see them face to face in the present time was missing) where Hae Soo felt sorry that she had to leave Wang So on his own and that he still became a ruthless bloody king was… unbearable for fans like me. I guess I wanted a real happy ending not a dramatic one.
- The paintings in the end only included one that we’ve seen (Gwangjong’s painting) however the rest are doubtful because these are moments from Hae Soo and other brother’s memories that couldn’t have been painted by someone else. It would have been cool to see actual Goryeo items made by the characters in the ending. 🙁
- Also another “happy” ending is Wang So got to meet her daughter when she bumps her head into him similar to Hae Soo. This scene was so cute 🙂
I think the lack of time (everything was squeezed into 20 episodes) may have contributed to the factors that affected the outcome of the drama. It is still one of the best Korean dramas though as it was able to reach out to us and let us really feel what our favorite characters are feeling. They had great acting, the director did a great job, the staff and crew as well, the costumes are really great and if the writing wasn’t so bad, maybe they should’ve thought of the fans more when they did the ending. If I would rewatch it, I would stop when Lady Hae died and Hae Soo was sent to the Damiwon (and maybe just a few clips of Hae Soo and Wang So moments) because it has been really depressing after that from one episode to the next. When it comes to awards, I’m pretty sure they will get a lot, especially Lee Joon Gi, who acted so exemplary! Kang Ha Neul and IU too.
Because of the ending, I’m now doing a small project for the fans of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo… details would be disclosed soon. Thanks for supporting the drama until the end.
Anyway, here was what I wrote earlier today:Tonight is the finale of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo and I must say, that I am going to miss watching it, the characters, etc. This is the last “spoiler/speculation” blog post for this Korean Drama because we only have 20 episodes. Oh how I wish it was more than 20!
Tonight is the finale of Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo and I must say, that I am going to miss watching it, the characters, etc. This is the last “spoiler/speculation” blog post for this Korean Drama because we only have 20 episodes. Oh how I wish it was more than 20!
I don’t know how to put into words how much I love Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. Even if it’s full of sadness especially in the last few episodes, I have to commend the cast, director and staff for a job well done. I really enjoyed the beginning because of the funny antics and sweet love ongoing between the characters (not just the main couple). I cried bucket loads as we said goodbye from one favorite character to another. Even if it did leave a scar in our hearts, I’m sure that the finale will make up for it. Although the Chinese version, Scarlet Heart had a sad ending, I expect to have a happy ending for Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo.
The preview for Episode 20 was not included in last night’s episode but it was released at a later time so let me include some of the scenes there in order to show you what to expect in tonight’s finale episode (episode 20).
Also, before reading this, you might need to read my previous posts since some of the posts here are just a summary of what I’ve already posted in the Part 1 and Part 2 spoilers.
You can find part 1 here:
and Part 2 can be found in the link below:
MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO
SPECULATIONS AND SPOILERS PART 3 (FINALE)
In Episode 19, we saw Hae Soo leave and Gwangjong (Wang So) was crying while holding the wedding dress that she wasn’t able to wear.
Here are the scenes that we should see in Episode 20:
1) Hae Soo’s Final Happy Moments in Goryeo.
We will still see Hae Soo smile and laugh for the very last time. Wang Jung will make sure that Hae Soo is “happy” with him. At least, before she dies, Hae Soo was able to experience a little joy and happiness.
2) Hae Soo and Wang Jung’s sweet moments will be reported to Wang So.
A spy will report what’s been going on at Jung’s place, including Hae Soo caring for Wang Jung, as she wipes his sweat while he’s practicing. This will anger Wang So and he would think that maybe Hae Soo doesn’t love him anymore so he would ask Choi Ji-mong to block all news and letters that has anything to do with both Hae Soo and Wang Jung.
3) Unopened letter.
Remember on my previous post, I wrote about the unopened letter? Well, that letter was written by Hae Soo and she would ask Jung to have it delivered.
He will, unfortunately place it inside another envelope (to avoid possible problems) because Hae Soo and Wang So’s handwriting look the same (because she has been tracing Wang So’s poem countless times).
Unfortunately, the letter would be sent to Wang So but would ignore the letter and set it aside along with the other letters (thinking it was from Jung). It is only after Hae Soo’s death that he would come to read her letter.
In it, Hae Soo would probably admit that she’s actually Go Ha-jin from a different time and that she was to blame for most of the problems, killings, etc. that happened in the royal family. It started with her warning with Wook and her covering up Wang So’s scar. It might also include that she still loves him and she left in order to protect him.
4) Hae Soo would die in Jung’s arms
Since he wasn’t able to open Hae Soo’s letter, Wang So won’t be able to see Hae Soo alive. He would die in Jung’s arms thinking Wang So didn’t care for her anymore.
5) Scattering of Ashes.
Hae Soo’s ashes may be scattered in Dongji Lake by Wang So, since this is their “secret place”, and where they spent their happy moments together.
6) Hae Soo’s keepsake or “remembrance” of events that are special to her.
Wang So will discover that Hae Soo has been keeping all sorts of things that are special because it was connected to him. The hair pin he gave her, the arrow that was shot by Wang Yo wherein Wang So saved her, the poem he wrote and he would even find the numerous versions of it using Hae Soo’s handwriting.
7) Go Ha-jin would see her stone painting in the present time.
Hae Soo won’t forget about Wang So, even if he is supposed to marry Wang Jung, there is only one man in her heart (Wook has been replaced a very long time ago, from the moment he turned his back on her). In the preview, we see her painting Wang So’s face on a stone while she was at Wang Jung’s place. A stone will last more than a lifetime so let’s expect to see this in the museum when Go Ha-jin goes there. In the Chinese version, Ruoxi sees a painting with her in it thereby confirming that she was in Goryeo and everything was not a dream. I think the counterpart of that painting would be her painting of Wang So on the stone. Seeing that stone would mean that Hae Soo actually existed and is not a figment of her imagination.
8) The hobo (Choi Ji-mong’s reincarnation) would save Go Ha-jin from drowning.
I think it’s because of this that Go ha-jin and the hobo went back to Goryeo time while there was an eclipse. It would have been fun if Wang So was the one who rescued her but they’re following the novel’s plot so far so they would see each other in the museum not at this park. For more details why I think Ji-mong was the savior, please see my previous post.
Where’s the HAPPY ENDING?
9) Reincarnation of Hae Soo and Wang So meets inside a museum
This scene is similar to the Chinese version except that for the Korean version, there will be a happy ending (I hope!!!). Since this is just a speculation, there is still a possibility that the ending would be similar to the Chinese version but knowing that there are millions of Koreans and billions of fans worldwide of the actual cast, I think the ending would be different and it may include special appearances of our favorite characters who we’ve already seen die in Goryeo. Plus, I have mentioned this in Part 2 of my spoilers, the ending would be watched live by Lee Joon Gi himself along with a few super lucky fans. There would be a riot if the ending would be sad and there are indications wherein the handlers are saying we would “ENJOY” the ending. Who’s going to enjoy a sad ending right?? So having a good ending might be what we’re in for tonight so WATCH OUT FOR IT!!! 🙂
10) Some of these are still pending and might be left as a mystery or an unsolved case.
a. Why they sneaked into the palace and how they (Wang So, Baek ah and Ji-mong) scared Wang Yo.
b. Wang Won’s fate — I wish we would get to see his character die. Won is such a jerk! 🙁 In the Chinese version, his counterpart dies, let’s hope this is true for Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo as well.
c. Yeon-Hwa and Wook’s fate – Both cannot die because of their importance in Goryeo history, both became parents of future kings of Goryeo so I’m sure they won’t die in this drama. They might just keep their secret until the end.
d. Wang So’s lying about the last will and abdication of Wang Yo. No one would dare question him now.
Museum items that Go Ha-jin will see that relates to her time in Goryeo (updated):
I’ve been thinking about potential items that Go Ha-jin might see when she visits a museum containing items from the Goryeo Dynasty and here are the prospective items:
- Hae Soo’s painting of Wang So.
- Hae Soo’s hairpin (given by Wang So but will be in the possession of Wang Jung once Baek-ah hands it to him)
- Wang So’s half-face mask (i hope that at least one makes it to the museum)
- Wang So’s armor
- Baek Ah’s drawings of the significant women in his life. (I hope he also draws Hae Soo because she was her friend)
- Wook’s Flipbook (same concern as Baek Ah’s drawings/illustrations)
- An Arrow (Wang Yo tried to shoot Hae Soo but was saved by Wang So, we can see in a different scene how Hae Soo carefully holds it because that arrow meant that Wang So still cares for him)
- Ji-mong’s flying contraption or his telescope (I don’t know about these items but it would be pretty cool to see them)
What about you?
What thing do you want to see in a museum that came from Hae Soo’s time in Goryeo?
Again, please note that everything I’ve posted here are merely speculations and just possible spoilers and ending so don’t get angry or dismayed if some or none of these turned out to be true. 😉
If you liked this article, please LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE and I would really appreciate it if you share this with other Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Fans. Thanks 🙂
CAST OF MOON LOVERS: SCARLET HEART RYEO
- Lee Joon-gi as 4th Prince Wang So / 4th King of Goryeo, King Gwangjong
- Lee Ji-eun as Go Ha-jin / Hae Soo
- Kang Ha-neul as 8th Prince Wang Wook
- Hong Jong-hyun as 3rd Prince Wang Yo / 3rd King of Goryeo, King Jeongjong
- Yoon Sun-woo as 9th Prince Wang Won
- Byun Baek-hyun as 10th Prince Wang Eun
- Nam Joo-hyuk as 13th Prince Baek-ah
- Ji Soo as 14th Prince Wang Jung (Later known as Grand General Jung)
- Kim San-ho as Crown Prince Wang Mu / 2nd King of Goryeo, King Hyejong
- Jo Min-ki as King Taejo
- Park Ji-young as the Dowager Empress Yoo (Taejo’s 3rd Queen) – mother of Yo, So and Jung
- Jung Kyung-soon as the Empress Hwangbo (Taejo’s 4th Queen) – Wook and Yeon-hwa’s mother
- Kang Han-na as Hwangbo Yeon-hwa, Wook’s sister
- Park Si-eun as Lady Hae, previous wife of Wang Wook
- Z.Hera as Park Soon-duk, Wang Eun’s wife
- Seohyun as Woo-hee, gisaeng and last Princess of Later Baekje
- Jin Ki-joo as Chae-ryung, Hae Soo’s maid and friend
- Kim Sung-kyun as Choi Ji-mong, King’s astronomer and homeless man in Episode 1
- Sung Dong-il as General Park Soo-kyung, Soon-duk’s father
- Park Jung-hak as Wang Sik-ryeom, Goryeo official and uncle of Yo, So and Jung
- Woo Hee-jin as Court Lady Oh Soo-yeon, head of the Damiwon Palace
- Kim Kang-il as Lady Kang, Taejo’s 22nd consort and 4th Prince Wang So’s adoptive mother
- Choi Byung-mo as Park Young-gyu, Woo-hee’s uncle and the foreign minister of Goryeo
If you haven’t tried the SCARLET HEART RYEO QUIZ yet, you can try it by clicking HERE or click the image below:
LIKE OUR FACEBOOK PAGE to get instant info and access to upcoming Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo Quizzes and News! If you want to request or suggest a certain type of quiz, please do so by leaving a reply below. Thank you for your support.
Every image posted in this blog post are just screencaps or promotional materials taken from the internet and are not owned by the blogger. These are merely used here for promotional purposes of the dramas mentioned. No copyright infringement intended. Please let the blogger know if you wish to take down any of the images shown on this blog. Thank you.
#ScarletHeartRyeoQuiz #Quiz #ScarletHeartRyeo #ScarletHeart #Team4thPrince #MoonLovers#Korea #Koreanovela #IU #LeeJoonGi #LeeJunKi #KangHaNeul #LeeJiEun #HongJongHyun #YoonSunWoo #ByunBaekHyun #NamJooHyuk #JiSoo #JoMinKi #WangWu #WangYo #WangSo #WangWook #WangWon #WangEun #BaekAh #WangJung